Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Sly Shopping

I usually pride myself in being something of a sly shopper - looking for the best deals, using coupons, etc.  Well today, I feel, I had a good shopping day.

Will has been in need of a new winter coat.  I found ONE on Craigslist that might work - it was a bit of a drive to pick it up, and wasn't entirely sure if it would fit.  So I changed my mind and tried the stores.  Yesterday I found one at Kohl's but was later having buyer's remorse.  I got the 3T (should have been a 4T) and the $32 price tag kept nagging at me.

This morning I awake to a coupon in my inbox from JCPenny - "$10 off a purchase of $25".  So I checked out the coats online and found that they did indeed have green winter coats (a prerequisite of Will's) AND they were on sale for $24.99.  So I loaded up Will and off we went to return the coat and get another one.

We found a new coat right away - tried on the 4T, Will was happy with it.  As we were walking to the checkout I realized that 24.99 wouldn't get me the deal, so I picked up a shirt for our "Christmas Kid" from church. ***(See tomorrow's post)  So basically I got that shirt for free.

We returned the more expensive coat, and as we were walking back through JCPenny's on our way to the car I remembered something for John for Christmas.  It happened to be on sale - and was $25.  I tried my coupon with a different cashier and was able to get the $10 discount once again. :)  Score.

Bonus - Because it's November, and my birthday month, I also get a $10 gift card from the mall.  I just have to bring in a voucher that was e-mailed to me and show my driver's license.  Soooo...go to your nearest mall's website and see if you can register with them for coupons and special offers.

No comments: