Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Blue screen of death

So last week my computer started acting all wacky and began going to blue screen and shutting down.  It happened a dozen times before I just gave up and asked John to have his computer guy at work take a look at it.  I grabbed my SD card for my camera out of the computer and he took it to work. 

He brought it home that same night and said that it was fine - never shut down on the guy and he could find nothing wrong with it.  Hmmmm.......

So last night I'm uploading pictures from my SD card (do you see where this is going??) and I get the blue shut down screen again.  So it appears that my SD card....my wonderful 8GB SD card is shot.  I'll have to pick up a new one before I dare take too many more pictures.  Has this happened to anyone else?

In the meantime, enjoy these EXCITING pictures of our snail eggs.  When we went camping in June Katie brought home two snails that she found and we put them in her bug house with dirt, sticks, strawberries, leaves, etc.  Well, they loved it so much that they have laid eggs....a ton of eggs.  In our research of snails, we read that some will hatch and eat the other eggs.  Yummy.  They do best in a humid environment and, lucky for them, that's all Minnesota is right now.  It takes about 3 weeks to hatch and I think it's been a little over a week now.  I'll keep you posted and hopefully they won't crawl out of the little air holes.....

No comments: