Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Upcoming vacation

We've made plans to go to Florida this winter and I've been searching for deals and coupons the last few weeks to use while we are there.  I've been able to find a coupon for $4 to save us on admission to the science museum for kids, and one for $8 to save us on admission to the aquarium and boat tours.  It's better than nothing.  I'm hoping to find a few for food as well.  It's certainly a nice perk the Internet gives. 

When we were planning the trip we initially tried to limit the amount of school that the kids would miss.  We thought we were being "good" parents by planning our trip around a week that there was already a day off from school, and only doing something like a Wed-Sun trip.  Quickly though, the trip evolved into more days off from school, but I took comfort in knowing that there was already a day off that week so they weren't missing too much. 

I just realized that I was looking at the wrong calendar - Will has a day off from school that week, but Katie doesn't.  So she will miss a whole week.  Oooops.  And you know what?  I don't really care. :)

1 comment:

Drew Kluesner said...

Have Fun! She'll probably learn more on her trip. Make sure she gets her math in by counting how many states license plates she sees.