Thursday, January 12, 2012

Resolutions Review

I didn't really make any "resolutions" this year - officially.  I do have a "to-do" list for the year and I guess that's good enough.  Most of it centers around races I would like to complete this summer.  But I do remember that I made some LAST year and I thought it would be a good idea to take a look and see how I did on them.

1. Get paid regularly for something.  I wanted to try to make an effort to add a bit of money to the monthly budget so that I could help in our efforts to save.  Well, I've been getting paid for "Pebbles" since March and I think we've been able to do some family activities throughout the year that we normally wouldn't have done.  Well - maybe we would have done them anyway....  Mark this one DONE!

2.  Keep running and exercising.  This time last year I wasn't able to run a mile.  I had hurt my foot and had to start at the beginning of a running program.  I couldn't imagine being able to run 3 miles.  I kept at it pretty regularly, and was able to finish a 5 mile race and a duathlon.  The last 2 months of the year, I kinda fell off the wagon - but the weather stayed nice and I was able to run outside every 2 weeks or so.  Now I'm making a new promise to visit the treadmill over the next 2 months and run at least 2 miles twice a week.  And do other workouts in the meantime. Once the weather gets warmer outside, and the sun rises before 7:30, I'll start increasing that again.  Mark this one DONE!

3.  Get more organized.  Should have been more specific.  How am I supposed to measure this? 

4.  Drink more water.  Nope, sorry - I've sucked at this one.  I'm not drinking as much water as I should....

5.  Keep the family that I have.  Done. 

6.  Be more accepting of change.  I THINK I am.  I realized that I can adapt to anything as long as I have 6-8 months to do so. 

No comments: