Sunday, March 4, 2012

I'll type this.....if I don't fall asleep first.

4 shows in 3 days DONE!!

And....for the first time in all 5 years of our church putting on these musicals, they had a sold out show!  AAAAANNNNNDDDD....not only did they sell out 1....they sold out 3.  I'm telling you - it was the most packed I've ever seen it.  I will have some great pictures coming my way later that I'll share, but don't have any right now.

So Friday night and Saturday afternoon Katie was a "non-speaking" orphan.  She did a wonderful job of singing and dancing and hitting all her marks.  I was also in the show as Mrs. Greer, Daddy Warbucks' house servant.  At the end of Friday night's performance my voice felt like it was cracking.  So I went home, had some tea and went to bed.  I woke up Saturday morning with barely a whisper coming out.  I tell you I drank everything that I thought would help, and anything that people told me to try.  Tea, honey, aloe vera juice, grain alcohol throat spray, drops, lozenges, etc.  Nothing helped.  I had a few lines that I barely squeaked out and I lip synced the songs that I sang with others on stage.  My other part that I was assigned last minute was as the "producer" in the radio show.  Luckily, it was a non-speaking, non-singing role and I basically could do anything I wanted.  The other cast members and I came up with some ideas to make it pretty funny and it kept growing and changing as the shows went on.  Today my voice still isn't back, but I can manage more than just a whisper....but it still isn't pretty.

Last night and this afternoon Katie got to be "Molly" - the youngest orphan.  I'm telling you - she was amazing.  It was absolutely the cutest thing, and even John admitted he was on the verge of tears as he watched her do her thing up on stage.  Everyone thought it was just so funny how she is so quiet and sweet off stage, but can get really loud and let it out up on stage.  She did say that she was a little nervous before the show, but holy cow - you wouldn't have guessed it.  To all of our IA family...I've been promised a CD of last night's show and will hopefully have that in the coming weeks to share with all of you.

I also wanted to take time to send GIANT hugs to all of our friends that took time out of their weekend to come see the show.  We love you all so much and are so thankful to have been able to share this with you.  You really made it so much more special for Katie because she got so excited when she knew there were friends out in the audience.   

Stay tuned for pictures!   Good night!

1 comment:

ingrid said...

We had so much fun seeing you perform! You and Katie were both amazing. Katie was especially wonderful as Molly. I was nearly in tears watching her! Congratulations on a great show!