Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Wednesday already....

This week seems to be going to fast.  I spose it has to do with the kids being off school on Monday and the fact that I don't have "Pebbles" this week.  She is in Mexico - I assume with her parents. :)

We are supposed to be getting a bunch of snow on Friday.  I had scheduled a massage for Friday - thanks to a gift certificate from John for my birthday last fall.  But I had to reschedule it for tomorrow in stead.  "First-world" problems, right?

I've spent the last 2 hours getting caught up on some volunteer work with a local breastfeeding group.  I feel like that's enough for today and will tackle more of it tomorrow.  There's always more.

I also need to make some phone calls regarding a new project that got thrown at me at the last PTO meeting at school.  There was no one to handle the "SchoolKidz" supply kits that parents can order at the end of the year for their children to have the following fall.  It's supposed to alleviate some of the "back to school" shopping that's done, and it's a fundraiser for the school.  I said I would take care of it, not knowing exactly what had been done so far this year.  The orders need to be collected with money and sent in by May so I need to get hopping on that now.  Then I will need to organize the orders when they come in before school starts.  A little work now, a little work later.

Then it's on the the NEXT volunteer stuff I have to get done today.  Since Lent started last Wednesday...yes, for all you heathens our there...Lent started last Wednesday. :)  During Lent, the 3rd, 4th, and 5th graders at church get to choose a special project to do.  They can choose a Bible study group, a family service project or be part of a drama/play that is put on.  For most, the drama sounds like the most fun and we need actors, dancers, props/costume people, etc. so we are lucky that most of the kids pick that one. 
This year, I was asked to help direct the play.  Ok.  I would be helping Alex, who is a high school senior, very involved at school, on the debate team, in plays at school, and he's also "Charlie" in the church's musical.  He's just a TINY bit busy.  So they wanted me to help him so that he didn't need to do it all. 
The play we are doing was written by one of the church members and is a cute, short, fun story of a basketball team with "Jesus" as their coach.  But he is leaving soon and they will have to deal without him.  Sort of a "Last Supper" based basketball play. 
Anyway - the play, I can deal with.  I have parent "scene" leaders assigned to each and every scene who are responsible for rehearsing those scenes each week.  I have parents assigned to props and costumes as well and they are to organize what needs to be made each week.  What do Alex and I do?  Supervise, baby.

Oh, and one more thing.  Each week we gather for about 5-10 minutes as a large Group and I teach all 50 some kids about Lent.  They figured I would be more comfortable with this and have more time to prepare than Alex would.  So.....yeah.  As soon as this ignorant louse learns what it's all about.....I'll pass that on.  Seriously, I know very little.  Just the basics.....40 days....some desert.....some waiting.....some betrayal.....some followers.....and then it's Easter.  Good enough?  Yeah, I didn't think so. 

No comments: