Monday, February 4, 2013

More snow!

We got more snow over the last 3-4 days.  Only like and inch each time, but enough to shovel.  It was very light snow, so didn't take very long.  Normally, I may not have even bothered shoveling it, but you REALLY appreciate cleared sidewalks when you are walking a dog.  I guess I shoveled knowing that I was doing the dog people a favor.  However, we have one neighbor who walks their dog at 5:30 in the morning...I have seen them walk by some mornings when I am letting Hans out...in my jammies.  I scurry back to bed and they are off on their walk.

We had musical rehearsal again yesterday.  I had to sing on stage for the first time. At other rehearsals, we've all just stood around the piano and sang, music in hand.  But yesterday we were required to be "off-script" and working on blocking the song (figuring out movements) while singing.  No one's ears melted.  I thought I did a really good job of being loud and clear, although there are 2 spots that are giving me fits so I have to pluck them out on the piano and get the notes in my head.  I'm such a control freak about some things that I guess I like the fact that you have to let most of those things go when you are up on stage.  You can't worry about what you look like, sound like, etc there's no more time for that - you just have to go for it, good or bad and deal with it. 

The great thing about the musical is getting to know the people you are on stage with.  I've become good friends with the fellow "terrible mom" who has the daughter turned into a giant blueberry. :)    She was looking for a triathlon to get started with and I suggested the YWCA one I did last year - she signed up and is really excited about training for it.  I told her that I have a group of friends who sometimes get together to run or swim in training for that as well and maybe she'd like to join us.  Her and I may also do a 10k together in April/May.

Well, I'm off to get the laundry finished, kitchen cleaned and coffee drank.  Oh, by the way - Katie is once again selling Girl Scout cookies this year.  They are $4 a box....let me know if you want any.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thin mints!

thin mints!

thin mints!

(I promise to share! Really! Say hi to Hans for me!)

--Gracie!

Anonymous said...

you gonna come back this way soon, I will take the following if you do,
do si does - 2 boxes
samoas - 2 boxes
tagalongs -2 boxes


over here they were named different. but I think you will understand.

thanks
Janet