Friday, March 8, 2013

week recap

The play is over and went well.  We had a lot of main characters sick though.  Willy Wonka lost his voice and had to have someone sing for him offstage.  He did his on lines though.  I think I mentioned that the guy off stage that we had helping us was from the dinner theater - nope, I was wrong. He's actually from the Guthrie!  So we felt very lucky to have that much talent off stage.  Saturday we had two shows and Katie and I showed up at church to discover that Charlie had awoken and lost his voice as well.  It was agreed that the guy offstage would read his lines AND sing Charlie's songs.  I think he also sang some Wonka songs as well. 

By the Saturday night show things were better voice-wise.  Everyone sang and read their own lines.  (Yay1!) However, by Saturday night we also had 3 cast members sick to their stomach....."Violet Beauregard" (the blueberry girl) was feeling very sick, "Verruca Salt" (the spoiled girl) had thrown up, and "Augustus Gloop" (the boy that keeps eating) threw up minutes before he had to go on stage and sing (and eat) for his big scene.  Then "Uncle Joe" started to feel sick too...so we decided to keep a bucket on either side of the stage and we had mothers roaming around with ice cream pails....just in case. 

By Sunday everyone was feeling much better, although tired.  Katie escaped all sickness, but I came down with a stomach bug late Tuesday night and into Wednesday.  I'm finally feeling much better today - pretty normal.  Although, I don't think it had anything to do with the "backstage bug"....because of the painful stomach cramps I had, I think it was more associated with something I ate. 

Oh well, all better now.  Katie has a big birthday party tonight for one of her friends.  She is to go to her friend's house at 6 pm....everyone is to bring their snow gear, their iPod (seriously), and a stuffed animal.  She gets picked up at 10.  Yes, that's right, 10!  While Katie is at the party, I think Will and I will head to the rec center's free family carnival and give John a few hours at home to himself. 

We are due to get rain tomorrow.

No comments: