Friday, March 1, 2013

Weekend

Tonight is opening night - very exciting.  Last night's dress rehearsal went pretty well in most areas, but tonight will be great.  The biggest drama this week has been around Wonka himself.  The actor playing him came down with a mild case of laryngitis on Monday night.  Tuesday he rested - didn't sing or really speak lines during rehearsal.  Wednesday he went to the dr and got some sort of steroid treatment, then last night he rested and didn't speak or sing again. He told me that his voice was pretty good last night, and if it continues to improve he'll be able to speak the lines. 

What about singing?

Well, that's a big strain on the voice, so they have brought in a professional actor - not 100% sure where from...could be the dinner theater if I heard correctly.  Anyway - he has played the role before and was there last night to read lines and sing while John - our Wonka actor - was up on stage.  It was ok, but confusing because the new guy was not used to our timing or stage planning that we had already done.  I really hope our guy can do it all, but we'll see how it goes.  I remember last year when I lost my voice during the play it was a good 10 days before I could say anything. 

Katie is also not feeling great today - so she is staying home a few hours to rest.  I don't think there's too much affecting her though because she seems to be feeling great when it comes time to go on the iPad.

Stay tuned for pictures - they were taking them last night during Act 2.  I should have some soon.

No comments: