Wednesday, June 5, 2013

We had t-ball!

We had our first t-ball practice last night!  Finally!  It was sprinkling quite a bit so we were all wet after an hour, but at least we got 1 in.  Some of us were in foul moods after the hour
*cough* Katie *cough*....but some snacks and juice boxes seemed to help. 

Will did great - good solid hits and ran TO the ball instead of digging in the dirt.  Of course, I didn't have my camera - so we'll see what happens next week.  It LOOKS sunny for now...

Work is starting to pick up a bit.  I have projects to work on now and they very similar to what I was doing 10 years ago so there isn't much of a learning curve there - just a remembering curve.  It's hard working in an isolated bubble - I can't just shout over my shoulder when I have a question or something to say - I have to wait longer for a reply.  We converse mostly via e-mail and I try to schedule chunks of time that I am "on the clock" so I am not just working on and off for 20-30 minutes every hour.  However, when an e-mail comes in that I need to deal with, I need to deal with it.  So it makes it hard to track hours, more of an estimating situation I spose. 

Tomorrow is "Pebble's" last day at our house and I think it will be a positive move for everyone.  She is going to stay with her grandma who is visiting for like 3 weeks and then to a preschool center (kind of an expensive one, at that!)  But I bet we'll see her once in a while because that school always goes to the concerts in the park by the library - as do we. 

Let's see...what else - oh, it's the last day of school today.  Will got pushed and fell down and hit something hard on the floor at school - he came home with an ice pack from the nurse and a bloody nose with a big bruise on his cheek.  He was also quite sad. :(  Don't worry, he's over it now, though.

No comments: