Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Need your input

Ok, I need some help.

Katie is having her birthday party on Friday night. There will be 3 boys and 4 girls coming.  The party will be from 6-8 and we are making little pizzas, decorating scarves, making bracelets and have games to play.

We invited 2 of the girls to stay overnight.  The two Katie picked are probably not the two that I would have thought she would pick, but I wanted to leave it up to her.

Here's the question - will the other 2 girls feel bad and left out that they didn't get invited to stay over too?  How do I handle that?  DO i handle that?  I am actually good friends with the moms and have also thought about e-mailing them to give them a heads up and to explain that we'd love to have them spend the night in a couple weeks too.

I also offered it up to Katie to invite ALL 4 girls to spend the night so as not to leave anyone out and - being a TRUE introvert - she basically had a panic attack at the thought of 4 other people spending the night in her house.

So - you tell me.....do I need to be concerned with their feelings?  Should I e-mail the moms and explain the situation?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

tough call, I would email the other moms and have them stay another time, but that is my opinion, good luck, Happy Early Birthday Katie....

Janet

Anonymous said...

Oooh, I see very hurt, possibly crying little girls in your future. Even if you tell them they can stay another time, kids live in the moment, they will be crushed that they are being excluded. If it was me, I would tell Katie it's all or none.