Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day!
It's been a good day here - Katie had school, and ended up bringing a couple valentines home. They sent the parents a letter last week basically saying that the holiday would not be celebrated due to different beliefs, etc., so bringing valentine's was going to be frowned upon. Well a couple parents said "to heck with that" and brought them anyway. :) I wish I had bucked the system too because Katie was very excited to get them, and wished she had some to give too. Oh well, maybe we can bring something special towards the end of the year.

John surprised me by bring home snow crab legs, meatballs, chocolates, and a couple salads. How do you fix crab legs you ask? We thought it would be a lot more difficult, but it was a cinch. We just baked them for about 12 minutes with a little water and that was it. Turns out they are pre-cooked at the grocery store. VERY YUMMY! Throw in a little lemon butter and we found ourselves a new valentine's day tradition. :) Katie had a bite...even though she was a little freaked out by the legs and claws. :) I was actually glad she didn't like it too well...I didn't want to share.

Stay warm everyone!!

1 comment:

Shelley Kubitz Mahannah said...

Happy Valentine's Day! You're husband is more creative than I am. I ended up making breakfast last night - but Ryan does love my pancakes (thank god for Bisquick, eh?)

Glad you guys had a great day!