Tuesday, February 19, 2008

If it isn't one - it's the other...

Last night around 4 am we heard Katie calling for us over the monitor. (Denise, it still works great!) She wanted someone to come help her blow her nose. So I grabbed some tissues and scooted Will over to John - of course he was in bed with us cuz he had woken up 3 times by then. I ran down and helped Katie blow her nose - it was dark, and I asked if it felt better, she was crying and said no. I thought it sounded funny so I turned on the light and all I saw was red. Here Katie was having her first bloody nose. It was bleeding a lot and I couldn't get her to keep a Kleenex on it so I carried her upstairs to the bathroom and luckily John got up and was able to get it to stop. Once John was with her she was pretty calm about the whole thing, so I set to wiping what I could off her sheets, PJ's, blanket and everywhere else I could see.

After about 15 minutes she went back to sleep and today has pretty much forgotten the whole incident. We are going to look at her vents and see about setting the humidifier in her room at night - it's pretty dry downstairs. Other suggestions are welcome too!

Once we got Katie down then I tried to get Will back down - he fell asleep after about 15 minutes too. I gotta say he goes to sleep fairly easily....he just doesn't stay there. I picked up a new book today at my La Leche League meeting - "The No Cry Sleep Solution." Everyone that reads it has nothing but positive comments and says it just works wonders so we'll give it a shot. It can't hurt at this point!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

humidifier will work jordan & Justin had same problem with nosebleeds. hope it helps. Janet

Anonymous said...

Hey, Hopefully the humidifier will help -- it probably should. How in the world did you stay calm -- you freak out at the loose teeth! And I'm not surprised I am the only COOL person Katie knows -- who else would there be?????

Denise

Anonymous said...

well mom katie now thinks im cool too so youre not the only one anymore! she thinks dad is cool too!
poor katie! :(
i remember my first major nosebleed but it was from getting elbowed in the face while playing basketball! haha...
and doesnt "leche" mean milk in spanish haha just thought id bring that up...
talk to you later!
sarah

Deb said...

Wow - you get the prize for the day Sarah! Leche DOES mean milk in Spanish...La Leche League is the breastfeeding group! :) (Can you sense the sarcasm here?)