Sunday, July 20, 2008

Holy movie, Batman!

So yesterday John and I went to see The Dark Knight. John had gotten tickets a few weeks ago to see it in an IMAX theater. Wow. It was amazing; the acting, stunts, action sequences, story lines...a total package. Under the direction of Christopher Nolan, these last two Batman movies are NOTHING like the cartoony ones that came before. Most of the movie I spent clutching my hands to my chest...a few times I covered my mouth. It's a must see...and see again...and see again...
Of course Heath Ledger was a terrifying Joker. I knew that going in - but there was more. He was simply spectacular, very chilling. Not as much Bruce Wayne as in the first, but good quality Christian Bale when he WAS onscreen.
I don't know - I can't get into the comic book details like John can, but I enjoyed it none the less. We want to see it again. :)

While we were at the movie, Will and Katie went and played at Jamie, Joe and Noah's house. Noah had tubes put in his ears this week, (the little trooper!), but he was more than back to normal. I think he and Will played more than they had before. And, as we thought, Will has NO separation anxiety at all. I think it's mainly because Katie is still there. And boy did Will like their dog, Stanley. He would get SO excited when he pet him, and then Stanley would lick Will's feet and Will would squeal. It was very cute. Thanks again for watching the kids Jamie and Joe!

1 comment:

Shelley Kubitz Mahannah said...

I can't wait to see the Dark Knight! Thanks for the review - you are AWESOME.