Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th of July!

Happy 4th of July everyone! I hope you all have a safe one!

The 4 of us took in Chanhassen's festivities yesterday evening. The city had a kiddie parade which we walked in. Katie decorated her bike for it. There were A LOT of kids in it. Next time we'll know to bring candy to throw. :) The big parade is today and the weather looks like it will be a comfortable 80 degrees so we'll probably watch it.


After the kiddie parade we found some games that Katie played - all $.25 so she paid with her own money. :) She also went on a train ride, a car ride and got a little ladybug pained on her arm. I guess Willie got jipped because he didn't get to do anything besides eat pizza, a little funnel cake and ride in the stroller.

We are taking it easy today too...packing for our trip to Wisconsin tomorrow. We have a wedding for a college roommate of mine. (Congratulations Julie!) I am in the process of fighting a plugged duct. (Note: If you are not interested in breastfeeding trials...stop reading. :)) On Tuesday night Will decided to wake only once in night...great right? We had been on the go so much the last few days he hadn't nursed during the day on his normal schedule either. So Wednesday I was feeling like he needed to eat, and eat a lot. I had pumped earlier too. He ended up going to sleep and I started to feel sick. It hit me like a truck out of nowhere. My fever spiked to 101.3 and I was really nauseous. That lasted about 3 hours, then the fever broke but I was left with the remains of a plugged duct. Thanks to my months of La Leche meetings I think we almost have it cleared up. When they say those hurt...they aren't joking.

Can't eat right now, Mom. I'm too busy!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like the kids had a good time. Hey John I think Will needs a little motor on the scooter and then away he can go. His look says how does Katie get this to go! Happy 4th to all. Grandma Hanson

Anonymous said...

I kinda think Will needs pedals.
I'm also glad John is getting to do all the things he wanted to do when he was little.
Grandma Mary

Deb said...

Yes, I think John looks pretty happy to be in a kiddie parade too! :)

Megan said...

i loved the bike parade! that scooter was pretty funny too-

Megan