Friday, July 18, 2008

New Driveway, Fresh Veggies


This morning I had a surprising knock on our front door. One of our neighbors, whom we hadn't met yet was having his driveway sealed by a company he owned. They had some leftover 'stuff' in their truck and offered to seal our driveway for $75. After consulting with John (what the heck do I know about driveways) we went ahead and had them do it. It looks very nice, and should preserve the driveway for a few more years. I don't have a very good before picture because I was running around with Will on a hip, Katie following behind in PJ's and a cell phone attached to my ear. :)

Last night I got a chance to climb into the garden and take a good look around. John has been pulling stuff here and there out of the garden, but last night I picked a bowl full of green beans, peas, sugar snap peas, and strawberries. Next year I will plant just one kind of peas...if anyone can tell me a surefire way to tell the sugar snap peas and the regular peas apart I'm all ears. They look exactly the same. :) We also found a new little tomato plant growing in a corner of the garden...nice surprise.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

After they're picked, and you break or cut them, the sugar snap's pods are thick and fleshy, the plain peas pods are thin and shiny. There - who else would tell you that but -
Mary

Heather said...

oh, yummy!! I absolutely love fresh peas out of the garden...when I was younger I'd eat them right out of our backyard garden before my mom could get them into the kitchen for supper. I wish we lived closer so I could visit and sneak into your garden ;)