Monday, September 22, 2008

I wish I had a kitty

We had an unexpected visitor at our house after lunch today. I was at the kitchen sink washing dishes, looked out the window and there was a cat laying on the deck. I held Katie up to see it and tapped on the window expecting it to run away, but it just laid there. We peeked at it through the door and I even brought Will over to see her. I thought "she'll run away once Will starts screaming at her and banging the window." Nope - if anything she wanted to come INSIDE. She meowed at the door, put her paws to the window, etc. It was very cute. I took some pictures so you could see her...she reminds me of Jane - a cat that Jim and Grandma Mary had out at the farm. Also reminds me of Smokey, a cat Grandpa and Grandma Lyla had - except I think she was a girl. No collar, no tags so I'm not sure where she came from.



A little later we went downstairs so Will could take a nap and after a while - there she was peering in the window. :) Katie kept saying "I wish we had a kitty." I explained we don't know this cat so we can't let it inside, and I think Betty (fish) is scared of cats (thankfully). I haven't seen her for an hour or so, so she probably went on to her next house...it was a nice visit though.




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my that is a bit spooky isn't it? Looks just like smokey for sure. Sure is cute though. Haven't seen Will sit that still for awhile. Love ya, Mom

Shelley Kubitz Mahannah said...

Kitty would leave Betty alone. I think you need a kitty. really. :)

Anonymous said...

I agree with shelly! How can you tell those adorable children NO :)

Denise

Anonymous said...

well, you know we're practically a supermarket of cats down here-- all sizes ages colors etc-- & the one thing they all common is their adaptability.

that and I'm pretty certain they don't know what a fish is...

Jim

Anonymous said...

Deb, everyone in the family has cats, mom and dad had quite a few yrs ago, but smokey, and sami were the only house cats, jeff has two, I have two, and denise has one, and do not forget John's family, from what I hear there is alot there also. so I really do think you need a kitty, looks like the cat would let will do whatever and would not care. I agree with denise how can you tell those kids NO.

Love,
Janet