Monday, September 22, 2008

A step backward

I knew it. As soon as I made it public that Will was sleeping better, he would prove me wrong. The last 3 nights have been giant steps backward. Every night Will has woken at least 3-4 times. I usually let him cry for 10-15 minutes now before I get up and each time he was screaming til I sent to get him. He just wants to rock and nurse for 10-15 minutes and then he is back asleep. Hopefully it's just a phase - I think some back molars are working their way through. Seems that's my excuse for everything. :)

So Katie and John went golfing on Saturday and had a great time. They had a trophy that you could take pictures with, and Katie got fruit snacks to bring home.



Saturday night was going to be pretty calm weather wise so John offered to take Katie camping in the backyard. We all sat outside around the fire until Will had to go to bed...inside. Then John and Katie amused themselves with the fire and slept ALL NIGHT in the tent. He and Katie came into the house about 7:15 am the next morning. Of course Will and I were already awake because he decided that he wanted to get up at 6:30.


Our camping site in the far corner of our backyard.

Will was able to climb in these chairs all by himself. He would climb in them, sit for 2 minutes, climb down and move on to the next chair to do it again.

Yesterday the kids and I went to church and Sunday school. At noon the church was having a 'family reunion picnic.' It's an annual picnic lunch with games, a water slide, music, and a silent auction. All four of us went to that at noon and it was great! The weather cooperated so nicely! Katie tried the water for the water slide, but it was too cold. Then she got REALLY upset when some water slashed on her. Ok - so no slide. :) But she did play with hula hoops, basketballs, and jumped in the inflatable jumping houses. Everything was free and there wasn't very many people there at all. I think it is a fairly small congregation anyway and I am very impressed with the things they are able to offer and do for the community.

Katie jumping, while John looks on.

Will liked dancing to the music and basically just checking things out. Here's his disco pose.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I want to go camping in your backyard, that sounds like fun!