Monday, December 15, 2008

Staying Warm

Brrrr! Who left the freezer door open? It's a chilly day here in Minnesota - as is in much of the Midwest. It's not going to get above zero here today...currently it's -4. The past few days have been good days to stay home and make cookies. :) So that's what we have done. Last week Katie helped me make Melting Moments, a signature cookie of my aunt Carol. It was my first attempt at making them and I think they turned out great. I had help with the frosting - Katie managed to frost every single cookie...and we had over 150!

Over the weekend Katie helped me make Christmas cut-out cookies. She did a beautiful job of rolling out the dough, and was a big help with the cookie cutting. Shhh....don't tell her, but I think I am going to frost most of them during her nap today.
Ok - I frosted them all. Instead of doing each individually, I kind of drizzled them. I put frosting that I made into ziplock baggies and snipped the end off the corner. It worked beautifully, and will certainly be my method of choice for future cookies


This morning while Katie was in school, Will helped make some regular old chocolate chip cookies. He poured some sugar in and helped hold the mixer. But while the fridge door was open, he helped himself to some cookies of his own.



This past weekend marked Katie's last basketball practice and game. She was happy to be done with it - basketball doesn't seem to be her cup of tea. But she was extra glad to be done because she got a medal for participation.

Sunday was Katie's Sunday School Christmas program. It was very cute, like it's supposed to be. She did a great job of singing, and was very excited to be in it.



Today we were back to school - Katie is the STAR OF THE WEEK this week in her class. She gets to bring in the snack every day, bring things for show-and-tell, be the 'line leader,' and basically just rule the roost, so to speak. Obviously, she had a good time.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i really want some of them melting moments right about now!

sarah

Heather said...

holy cookies!! How many batches did you guys make? They sure look yummy though.

Anonymous said...

that is one receipe that I do not have. please can you give it to me, I will have alot of time to bake the next couple weeks when I am home and do not have to work.

thanks,
Janet

Anonymous said...

MY mother would be proud of you.
Mary