Wednesday, December 31, 2008

A very Merry Christmas...

Being the last day of the year and all, I thought I better get a post done while it's still 2008. We had a great trip to Iowa to celebrate Christmas with the Hanson's and Pladsen's. Once we got home it was clear to us that some old toys had to be put down in the basement to make room for the new presents the kids brought home.

Katie made a Pixos picture...after spilling about 300 beads. :)


The Christmas cards that we got this year were just too pretty not to take a picture of. Katie got excited every day to open them and tape them to the wall.

Katie got some Legos from Grandma Mary and Jim. They were a prehistoric set with a dinosaur....Dick the Dinosaur, if I remember right. I don't think Will is ever going to let that dinosaur go. He has claimed it as his own. :) He uses the dinosaur to play with a demolition toy that Sarah got him. It's an odd combination, but it seems to work for him.

Katie got some games from her cousin Joey, who had her name. So far we have played checkers, memory, rummy, Hi-Ho Cherry-O, and dominoes. We are trying not to let her win every time.

John is working at home today - God help him. He is working on the new Twins Stadium now and can do most of it on his computer, especially now that we have wireless Internet at home.

I hope everyone has a Happy New Year, and plays it safe tonight. As for us, we are planning a fancy party with popcorn and apple juice out of champagne glasses. :) There is a special Hannah Montana/Miley Cirus New Year's Eve show on that we will try to watch too. Aren't you jealous??

3 comments:

Shelley Kubitz Mahannah said...

Yes! I'm going to freeze my butt off tonight and try to get into some restaurant on New Years Eve to eat an overpriced meal. I think I'm going to go AWOL and travel north to hang out with you. I'll bring the rootbeer.

Anonymous said...

Always great to get back home. I found the little plastic grey ball. He put it behind the fan in the fireplace. I dusted out around the fan and there it was.It's just lucky I felt like cleaning this morn or maybe wouldn't have found it till Easter.
Take Care. Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Hey by the way how did the dinosaur fish turn out at Grandmas? Love the Pixos picture! Sarah and I went to Walmart on Sunday and seen more Pixos stuff there -- never heard of them before! Hope everyone there is healthy--I had the flu Monday and Sarah has it today! Two down one to go!
Denise