Monday, December 1, 2008

Home, Home on the Range...

Ok, we aren't exactly on a 'range,' but it was all that came to mind when I was trying to title this post.

We got home yesterday from our 'vacation' in IA. We spent Thanksgiving with family in Waukon. It was a nice trip - good weather, and now it's nice to be home again and getting back into our routine.

Katie was back to school today, which improved her behavior by a factor of 10. She really excels when we have a structured schedule. While she was in school, Will and I went to Target to pick up a small humidifier for Katie's room and some other odds and ends. I also had to get a gift for a little boy whose name I got from church. Our church is sponsoring some children that were removed from abusive homes this past year, so I found a 5 year old boy to buy for. We got him a shirt for school, a toy race car and some other grab bag things from the $1 bin. I've wanted to do that other years too, but have never gotten around to it.

Last night when we were getting ready to have supper, I found I really didn't have much to make. Correction: I didn't have much to make that we felt like eating. So we decided to order a pizza. I always order pizzas online now because I accumulate points that can go toward free future pizzas. This time I marked delivery and sent the order in. I then get an e-mail confirmation telling me the approximate delivery time. Thanks to the Bears/Vikings game it was going to be over an hour for delivery. So I called the restaurant and changed it to a pick-up.
"No problem" they said, "just bring in your credit card with you to pay because I will have to void the payment online." Easy schmeezy. About 20 minutes later I am there to pickup the pizza, which they tell me they don't have because the whole order was deleted, but if I would be willing to wait they would make me another one at no charge. Fine.
I wait another 15 minutes, grab my free pizza and head home. Meanwhile, a second pizza (or technically, the first pizza) was delivered to the house. The delivery guy told John it was all paid for. Hmmm...

I did check today - we were charged for one pizza, but got 2. Anyone hungry?

4 comments:

Shelley Kubitz Mahannah said...

I'm coming over. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm sure it is cold now :) But warms up nicely. Now you can have more suppers! Good thing there was no pizza over the weekend :)

Denise

Deb said...

Yes, we had pizza for lunch yesterday....pizza for supper last night....and I think there are 2-3 pieces left for lunch again today. :)

Anonymous said...

hard to get too much pizza - you know?