Friday, December 12, 2008

Say 'Cheeeeese!'

Last night we had our family picture taken for our local church's directory. It had been about 3 years since we had our family picture taken. Will obviously wasn't in the last one and I thought it was time we went through it again. We get a complimentary 8x10 as well.

Our photographer was a bit odd, but they all seem to be. :) He tried a few different family poses, but said we were limited to our choices because we had 2 small kids. (Thank God!) Then he did a couple of just the kids, and one of John and I together. Will really liked the flashes...he would just giggle whenever the camera went off. We did get a good family picture, and resisted the urge to purchase anything more. It was certainly not a hard sell. All in all we were out of there in about 30 minutes. Nice.


Right before the pictures, the kids and I had to attend an information meeting about kindergarten. Basically, I just wanted to know how the busing worked. I didn't get all my questions answered, but couldn't stick around to ask them because the kids were not cooperating. We were all stuck in a room sitting shoulder to shoulder with about 100 parents. It was hot, loud and the kids did not want to be there. I did learn that kindergartners ride a kindergarten only bus, and it's free.

On Wednesday night Katie went to yet another birthday party for a classmate of hers. Cole was turning 5 and a week earlier his mother had called me to ask if Katie could come. They were only inviting 4-5 kids from class, and there was going to be about 12 kids total, so it was going to be kinda small. (I thought that was pretty good sized....) Anyway, because it's winter in Minnesota, they opted to have the party at a place called Pump-It-Up. It's a party place that has rooms filled with HUGE inflatables. There are slides that go from ceiling to floor, giant jumping castles, and obstacle courses that they raced through. After play time, they went into the other room and they played with a bunch of blow up balls. Then it was time for pizza and cake and presents. I returned to pick up Katie 2 hours after I had dropped her off. (No, I didn't get to stay...Katie said I had to go home. )

She got a 'goody bag' and was full of ideas for HER birthday party. She keeps insisting that we have her party there as well, but I think I got through to her that it will be better to have her party outside instead....after all it IS in June. She does have the guest list started though. She's taking longer planning her birthday party than I did in planning my wedding.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let's see... I think that is normal. Sarah, who's birthday is also in June, always started planning hers at LEAST by Christmas. Good parties take lots of planning! You are just starting it gets BETTER!!!!! At least you have more opportunities in the cities.

Denise

Anonymous said...

yes, i always started planning my birthdays very early. just shows you katie learned from the best, lol.

sarah