Thursday, January 22, 2009

6 years....



I want to take a moment to say Happy Anniversary to my wonderful husband, John. 6 years ago today we were married on a sunny beach in Key West, Florida. I'm glad we aren't there right now because they are having a cold streak and it's only going to be in the 50's there today.

Although none of you could be there with us...because, well, we didn't really invite you... :) It was one of the happiest days of my life. The love I have for you, John, is a thousand times more powerful today and I am thankful for every day we have together. You're stuck with me now.

So to celebrate, we are having a nice dinner at home. I am going to get some crab legs at the store today and cook those up. (Yummy) And I spose I'll try to make or find some type of Key Lime desert...our tradition. I told Katie we were going to eat crab for dinner and she informed me that she will be dining on peanut butter and jelly. Great - more for me....I mean us. :)

I also wanted to update you on Katie's skating progress. She had her third lesson on Tuesday. It was a big day - she was able to stand up all by herself. She fell like 4-5 times and each time got right back up with no problem - slowly, but she did it. Then towards the end of the half hour, she started moving her feet and was able to actually gain some forward motion. And once - by accident - she even went backwards. (She thought that was extremely funny.) If you would have told me 3 weeks ago that she would be able to do this, I would have laughed. The most important thing is that it's giving her a new confidence in herself and strengthening her balance skills.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary (I actually thought it was the 20th... oops!) I could not remember if it was before or after my birthday! And I know Katie will be an Olympic hopeful by the time her lessons are over -- I can just tell! Enjoy the crab and Key Lime whatever -- sounds wonderful! I also thinks Katie's PB&J sounds good too!

Denise

Anonymous said...

YEP THAT TIME OF YEAR...HAPPY ANNIVERSARY AND MANY MORE! AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY DENISE!I have been doing extra work at store so been going in every day. Oh well paychecks should look good! Getting work done in house too so when Spring gets here, all I'm going to do is GOLF. Later, Mom

Anonymous said...

Cogratulations and what a spectacular photo!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary, and many more! That picture is wonderful!

Jamie

Katie said...

Lovely wedding picture! Happy anniversary!

Heather said...

happy anniversary!!