Saturday, January 24, 2009

Birthdays and more birthdays

Today, a birthday wish goes out to John's brother, Jim Pladsen. Katie hopes that you get cake. :) Maybe all the farm animals will get together and sing for you. Although Katie tells me that won't happen. Not many people know this, but when Katie was younger she took to calling Jim "Butch." Not sure where that came from, but no matter how much we tried to get her to say "Jim" she always said "Butch." So....Happy Birthday Butch!


Another happy birthday for our friend, Joe Margolis. While he and his wife, Jamie and all their families are out celebrating his 30th birthday (yeah, that's right - I said it) we get to babysit their son Noah! I figured I would let your age out of the bag because you're younger than me and I figure you can't hurt me too much - you need me to watch Noah. :)

Boy - you guys sure picked cold days to have your birthday on.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

January 24, 1967 was a pretty warm day in Cedar Rapids - as I recall.

Shelley Kubitz Mahannah said...

Happy birthday Jim! If the animals start singing to you, we'll know that you were drinking something other than coffee on this birthday morning.

Anonymous said...

thank you!

No singing-- but the cats were planning to go in together on a Village Farm & Home gift certificate-- but then they decided I'd probably spend it on myself. Isn't that something?

Jim

Anonymous said...

thank you thank you thank you!!!