Saturday, September 19, 2009

Garden variety

We have been trying to harvest things out of the garden as they are getting ripe. Had some tomatoes - gotta still get them used up cuz more will be coming. We were able to eat the 3-4 green peppers we had, and most of the beans and peas. The strawberries never really made it into the house this year - Will and Katie (mostly Will) ate them right out of the garden.

I fixed carrots last week - John and Will had picked 2 that I was going to use, but they were kinda small and I needed one more. So I went down to the garden and practically had to dig a hole to china to get this sucker out. I wish the tops had stayed attached because it would be WAY more impressive, but I yanked those off as I was trying to pull the thing out of the ground!



Will took one look at it and wanted to have it...not because it was a carrot, but because it was so dirty. He helped me wash it. Will also promised to eat it at dinner, but we didn't have any luck there.

1 comment:

Deb said...

As you can also see, this is prw-haircut.