Monday, September 21, 2009

Ring of Fire

Saturday night we had a fire in our backyard fire pit. It was SUCH a great evening - warm temps and not very many bugs. John wanted to make a dent in our brush pile before we added to it anymore. We burned quite a bit of it and the kids ate up what was left of our marshmallows from Labor Day weekend.

Katie gets her kindergarten pictures taken at school this week. Haven't decided what she'll wear yet...hopefully we'll decide and BOTH be in agreement.

I made some super de-duper garage sale finds this past week. I was able to get Will some much needed pants and jeans for the winter. I also picked up two pairs of pants for myself - a pair of GAP jeans for $3, and a pair of capris from Aeropastle...am I even spelling that right? I've never even set foot in that store...much less thought about wearing anything from them. I'm not 17. (Unless I'm pretending to be.) Never the less, these $1 garage sale pants rocked! It's funny, I could spend 2 hours in the mall searching for $40-50 pants that never seem to fit right. I take a chance on garage sale stuff and get lucky.

I also found a nice little wooden chess set. John spent Friday night trying to teach Katie and I the basic points of the game. We have yet to FINISH a game, but it's good practice. I also found a Good Dog Carl book that hadn't seen before. As I'm paying the lady $2 for those two items she informs me that it's a signed copy as well. Double score!

And as always - for all the stuff coming in, some things have to go out. I'm going to get some of our kid clothes on Craigslist this week...as well as our past Halloween costumes. It's that time of year too.

Katie is getting better at reading - she can now read some books at a speed that keeps Will's attention. They can be SO sweet to each other sometimes...and then other times...ugh. It'd be great if they were just 'ok' to each other ALL times!

3 comments:

Shelley Kubitz Mahannah said...

Hugs to all of you guys - I'm always inspired by your garage sale finds. :)

Anonymous said...

i like the part where you said "i'm not 17 (unless i'm pretending to be)" SO TRUE!

sarah

Deb said...

Glad you caught that Sarah - it was just for you. :)