Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Down South

Sometime in the near future we are heading to Texas. Correction: John and I are heading to Texas. The kids are going to be staying with family in Iowa. This will be our first trip away from the kids since 2006. That year we went to Seattle for a long weekend to take in two Pearl Jam concerts. Katie was 2 years old and that was my first night away from her as well.

This time Pearl Jam takes us to Texas. Does Eddie Vedder realize how much we plan our vacations around their schedule?

Anyway, so as we are gearing up for this trip I am having to deal with the same feelings of fear that I did 3 years ago. Before we had kids I never really had any anxiety about flying. Now? I have a TON.

I don't worry about the kids - they're with our families and will be having a GREAT time. We have a will, etc. Worst case scenario - the kids are provided for. But - hello?! I'm not there. Hundreds of airplanes take off and land every day - you never hear about that. Once we get to Texas, I'll be fine. It's funny how quickly I'll forget about wondering if Will has brushed his teeth or if Katie washed her hands. All too quickly it'll be time to come back.

P.S. - Thank you to my friend Sarah for mapping out fun places to eat, drink and be merry. It really makes everything a whole lot easier when you know where you're going!


Can you guess who this is? You're probably right.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WILL LOOKS SO FAT!

sarah

Anonymous said...

Motherhood makes everyone of us pussies.
Gina

Anonymous said...

I forgot what a little monster he was :)

Denise