Tuesday, September 29, 2009

You better think again...

Today Katie came home from kindergarten and was her usual, happy self. When we got inside and went through her backpack she started telling me about her day.

She got to go to the library and get a book.
She played a dice game.
She helped a girl write a '2'.
She got to eat homemade jam on crackers.
They had a fire drill.

She was telling me about walking outside for the fire drill, and how they had to wait outside, then walk back inside. On the way back inside the girl behind her kept pushing her and wouldn't leave her alone. She kept pushing and pulling on Katie. In fact, she did this so much that it made Katie start to cry.

Katie said that her teacher saw what was happening, told the other little girl to stop, and led Katie to the front of the line so that she wouldn't have to walk by her anymore.

I talked to Katie about this and said I was happy that her teacher had seen it and made her feel better. I told her to be sure to tell her teacher if someone is doing something that hurts her. I told Katie that I wouldn't stand or sit by that other girl anymore. That was the end of it...trying not to make a big deal out of it.

I have some pent up anger here that I would like to unleash onto the blogosphere. Here's what I would say to that little girl if I ever got the chance.

"Hey you little snotty brat. Keep your damn hands to yourself. If I EVER hear of you pushing my little girl again - or even LOOKING at her wrong - you'll wish that you were home schooled."

Ahhh...I feel better.

4 comments:

Shelley Kubitz Mahannah said...

Good thing my boss is out on business today ... I snorted in laughter at you Mama Bear. You're a good mama.

Anonymous said...

um, LOVE THE POLL!

sarah

Anonymous said...

amen sister, I hear ya, "I pity the fool who messes with Katie" (mr. t.) I would hate to be that little girl, and piss you off, and I agree with shelly I snorted to. never seen this side of you but I like it, parent hood really changes a person....

Anonymous said...

like you poll as well, i wanted to answer "my favorite what?" but then thought better of it :)

Denise