Monday, December 7, 2009

Let the hoiday season begin...

We got our tree up last Friday along with all the other decorations around the house. Last year after Christmas I picked up 5 packages of pine garland for $1.00 a piece. Now that we have a wood railing I always wanted to decorate it with garland. We just did one side because the kids use the other side to go up and down the stairs.




Katie and I went through the ornaments this year while Will was taking a nap. This is the first year Katie has helped beginning to end. She remembered a lot of the ornaments and always likes hearing stories behind them. Here are some of my favorites too...

- Our seashell ornament from Key West bought the year before we got married there.
- Katie's First Christmas Ornament that she always insists on playing with.
- Will's First Christmas Ornament - a mini stocking from the $ store that I personalized with puffy paint.
- The 'parents-to-be' ornament that we bought before Katie was born.
- The ornaments that John and I bought together for our first Christmas (living in sin) :)
- My aunt Carol's cardinal ornament that will be on our tree for the first time this year.


I have a story for every ornament on our tree. Our tree may not be the biggest, the straightest or the fullest tree, but once we get our decorations on it, I wouldn't trade it for anything. (Although next year we may give a REAL tree a chance.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A bigger or better tree does not make the christmas tree, it's the love you put into decorating it and the memories behind the ornaments that makes it special. And Katie ty for helping with the tree. Wait till next year when Will can help. Grandma Lyla