Thursday, February 4, 2010

American Idol....Pladsen style

We sometimes get the chance to catch a few minutes of American Idol, in between supper clean up and PJ's. The other night we were watching and Katie decided that she wanted to be a judge. Of course Will wasn't really up for singing or performing. "Will, do you want to sing your ABC's?"

"Ummm, No fanks."

So that leaves John and I...two people just craving for the spotlight. (That was sarcastic in case you didn't catch it.) We had to stand up in front of everyone while Katie sat on the couch, high on her throne. I sang Twinkle Twinkle and the I Love You song. I got 2 big thumbs down for my song choices. For one audition she told me better luck next year, but then I begged and got a "yes", and the other song I got straight through to Hollywood.

John stood up and sang I Believe in Miracles by Pearl Jam, (he sucked up, knowing that Katie likes that song too). While Katie liked his song choice, she told him that he needs to sing louder, but sent him through to the next round as well. She's ruthless.

I hope Katie never wants to play this 'game' again. It's really stressful.

2 comments:

Shelley Kubitz Mahannah said...

I so want to come over and audition for Katie.

Anonymous said...

Maybe if Ellen doesn't work out Katie could apply????? I don't think I would do well either :)

Denise