Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Girl's weekend

I was lucky enough to skip out on John and the kids this past weekend and spend it with some friends. Saturday morning I headed to Wisconsin to hang with some of my roommates from my college days. We planned the weekend a few weeks ago and decided to make it just us girls; no kids, no husbands. It had been about 6 years since we got together like this so it was much overdue.

We felt very strange realizing that we didn't have to make sure kids were fed by 6:00. So we headed out to eat around 6:30 and spent almost 3 hours talking, chatting and laughing. Our first stop was The Starlight Lounge. It's a martini bar complete with 70's furnishings. The girls each tried some fun martini's, but I stuck to my usual beer. I'm never sure how my stomach will react to hard liquor so I like to drink what I know. After our drinks we went down, (I swear) the steepest steps in Wisconsin, to Buzzard Billy's and had some tasty southern cooking.

We were asleep by around midnight and headed home the next afternoon. Even MORE interesting is what the kids did with John while I was gone. Somehow or another, Katie managed to talk Dad into talking her and Will to Chuckie Cheese....on a Saturday. I think John scored some MAJOR points there because it sounds like it was quite a fun time. Maybe he's started a new Saturday tradition that he'll just want to continue every week from here on out.... :)

No comments: