Wednesday, February 24, 2010

First sick day

I kept Katie home from school on Monday. She had a TINY fever Sunday night so she 'rested' at home on Monday while her cough got better. It's about gone now. We had spent the weekend in IA so she was pretty exhausted as well. Now of course, it's Will's turn for a cough. Katie went back to school yesterday. Not too bad - in 6 months of school, we've only had 1 sick day.

Last Thursday the kids had a check up at the dentist. Katie had 2 cavities, which we go back to fix today. Again - I can't see them. They say they can see them on the x-ray. Sometimes I feel like it's all made up. Especially when I get an estimate of care and they charge $51.00 for laughing gas. When I go to the dentist, I get charged $30.00.

1 comment:

jim, some guy in iowa said...

ouch.

I was going to say they should give you a bit of anesthetic before the bill, but then they'd charge you for that too.

hope Katie's adventures in dentistry go well.