Tuesday, February 16, 2010

V-Day bloodletting

This year John and I decided to give blood again. Our chiropractor has an annual blood drive for Valentine's Day and gives a coupon for a free 30 minute massage to every donor. Last year went pretty smoothly, although I did get kinda woozy.

We had to go at different times so that someone could stay home with the kids. John went first and said everything well well. I took off after he got home, hoping for the same results. Unfortunately, after 20 minutes of pokes and changing angles every vein they tried to drain collapsed.

They couldn't really tell me why this happened - could be severe dehydration, so when I got home I searched online and found the only answer was to give up my severe drug addiction. (Hope you sense the sarcasm!) I don't seem to remember sticking myself daily over the past year into my veins so there must be another reason, I'm thinking I was dehydrated although I drank OJ, coffee, water and milk all before my appointment.

Oh well, another time....perhaps.

No comments: