Thursday, February 11, 2010

V-Day is coming

Obviously there hasn't been a lot going on at our house this week...hence the limited number of posts. We've been busy making Valentine's for Katie's class party tomorrow. This will be her first official Valentine's party and she's very excited. She's already made plans to wear a skirt for the occasion.

Katie has 'requested' that we all make her a Valentine...I haven't done that yet, but I plan to. Better get busy....

Overall, that's about the bulk of our holiday plans. (Can you really call this a holiday?) Do people really go all out and buy each other big ticket items for Valentine's? I suppose there are. John and I were never big Valentine's Day people. Prior to kids we usually went out to eat...crowded restaurants, long waits and all. He sent me flowers one year before we got married and he's brought flowers home after work in years past after his co-workers suggested it. :) But I'm ok with no flowers too.

He gets the short end of the stick, really because I don't give him much. He got candy in his truck one year...years ago. He'll probably score a card this year and some take-out food.

And you know what? That's pretty close to perfect.

1 comment:

Heather said...

yup.. we are the same way pretty much, Deb. We aren't that big into celebrating vday with big crazy stuff.. I mean why celebrate only 1 day a year right?! We enjoyed a couple of nice meals this weekend at home, crab one night and steak the other. Way nicer than the long wait with a toddler at a crowded restaurant and cheaper! :)