Friday, December 17, 2010

7 days and counting...

Christmas Eve is in one week!  This year has gone by extremely fast, but I'm always kind of happy to get to the beginning of a fresh new year.  I'll save my "New Year's Resolutions" for another post....just as soon as I can think of some.

For now, it's a checklist of all the things we've done to get ready for the holidays and things still yet to do.  Christmas cards got sent out....with only 3 returned back to me with wrong addresses.  Teachers, bus driver, and neighbor gift bags all done.  I made chocolate chip and butterscotch chip cookies, Christmas cut-out cookies, peanut butter cookies, and a yummy pretzel/Rolo candy concoction.  Will gave his teacher's theirs yesterday - he was absolutely beaming he was so proud and happy to give them something.  Katie takes hers to school next week, and we'll do the neighbors this weekend. 

I have 2 gifts to pick up today - should be somewhat easy cuz I know what I'm going to get.  Katie and I rang bells outside the grocery store last night for The Salvation Army.  It was cold, but we dressed for it....tights, jeans, snowpants, layers upon layers.  Our shift was 15 minutes....don't know how some do it for hours at a time.  With all of our singing, I think we brought in some decent $. :)

No comments: