Thursday, December 16, 2010

O Christmas Tree

I picked up our Christmas tree last Friday.  We were going to do it 2 weeks ago - and it snowed 10 inches.  Then we were going to pick it up last weekend...and it snowed 18 inches.  So I decided to just grab it myself before we got snowed in. 

It's a Frasier Fir.  I was told that they hold their needles, which are about an inch long.  It has a bit of a scent, but not as strong as the Balsams, I guess.  So far, it's going well.  The cat is drinking the water out of the bucket, but I keep it pretty well watered.  Seems like it was easier to decorate a real tree - the ornaments hung on better.




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks good, and Molly seems to like it too.....,is one of them presents for ME???? lol

see ya next weekend..

Janet

Deb said...

Unless your name is Katie, Willie or Molly I suggest you keep shopping around for a gift of your own. ;)

Anonymous said...

is that a mouse on the floor by Molly???? just wondering if she was earning her keep :)

Denise

Deb said...

Why, yes that is a mouse. Everytime I stumble across it, I have to remind myself it's just a toy. She likes to play fetch with those toys. You throw them and she'll carry them back to you. She's weird.

Heather said...

Very pretty tree and of course love the cat picture. So has Molly tried climbing up it yet? Our cat always tries every single year and he's like 8 years old now.lol. :)