Wednesday, December 22, 2010

New Year's Resolutions for 2011

I usually don't think too much about "New Year's Resolutions" as I don't really think it's logical to put so much emphasis on changing just because of a date on the calendar.  If you want to make a change bad enough - just do it today.

But, in an effort to just make conversation - I'll give it a try.  Keep in mind - I'm not penalizing myself for not keeping any of these...then again I wouldn't make it a "Resolution" unless it was something I was sure I was going to be able to do all year. 

I'll try to come up with 5.

1.  Sometime this year I'd like to find some work that I could be paid for.  Keep in mind, I don't mean working outside the home full-time - or even working outside the home part-time.  However, I'm on the lookout for work I can either do at home or away from home a few hours a week.  I've got a few leads so far and we'll see if any of those end up panning out. 

2.  I've been pretty good at getting on the treadmill a few times a week and I'd like to continue that.  I guess I just mean exercise in general.  Running on the treadmill is nothing like running outside.  My time seems to suck these days on the treadmill, so I'm not as interested in that as I once was.  Now, it's just about doing it.  Over the past 5 months of jogging I've finally started to see an improvement in the cellulite area.  There - I said it - I have cellulite, and it bothers the hell out of me.  But....I think it's getting a little better. 

3.  I'd like to be more organized.  I'm pretty good overall....but I do some work for a non-profit in the area and I can always be better about my reports and record keeping. 

4.  Drink more water.  I've started this already - and it seems to be helping.  There had been a few mornings over the last month I'd wake up and feel REALLY ill.  I actually got sick a few times, and no I'm not having a baby.  Thanks to some online digging, I am thinking it may be related to some form of dehydration.  It would usually only last 3-4 hours and start to subside if I sipped water.  So for a few days I made sure I drank at least 32 ounces of water a day and I haven't been sick since.  I'd like to drink a little more than 32 ounces, but let's start small and work up.  Oh, and remember that nasty cellulite issue...it's supposed to help with that too.  Sadly, that's more motivating for me than not getting sick anymore.

5.  Let's see - there should be something in here about family right?  Spend more time with the kids?  Well, I kinda do that already....more date nights with John?  Sounds good, now that we have babysitters we like.  I guess I'll be more general in this one.  In 2011, I'd like to just keep being the family we are.  I could say I'd like to communicate better - less yelling at the kids, more understanding, yadda, yadda, yadda.  But I'm always working on that, and I think we're doing a darn good job.  I think I have 2 great kids who try their best, are compassionate and loving, and a wonderful marriage to a super husband who has a patience fuse a mile long.  What could I want to change about that except to say that I want it to keep going.

Ok - that's my list....nothing major.  Guess there's not much stuff I'd like to change.  Did I ever mention I HATE change?  Maybe I should have disclosed that at the beginning.  I hate it when things change - even if it's for the better.  Just takes me about 2 weeks longer than anyone else to accept any possible reason for change. 

Ok - #6......in 2011 I will try to be more accepting of change.  Damn.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great list Deb. I really like #5. When you have a good thing going, why change it; just work at keeping what you have! Have a very Merry Christmas!

Jamie