Sunday, February 27, 2011

3 Down, 1 To go

We've got 3 Wizard of Oz performances under our belt so far.....one left today.  It's going to be kinda sad when it's all over. :(  I know Katie will miss it.  (She's reciting the play from start to finish right now.....)

Yesterday was a loooong day.  We arrived at church around 12:45 in order to be ready for our 2:00 show.  By 4:30, we were done with the first show and all cast members and helpers were treated to Subway sandwiches, turkey sandwiches, homemade mac and cheese, corn, mashed potatoes, chips, cookies, and jelly beans while we watched a movie.  It was a nice time to relax together.  But by 6:00 everyone was gearing up to get ready for the 7:00 show. 

I'm so proud of Katie - she's done an amazing job.  In the past 3 days I've had roughly 150 people tell me how much they've enjoyed Katie's performance and how well behaved she is, how relaxed she is up on stage, and how impressed they are with her.  (Basically, stuff we already know.) :)

And to say I'm proud of her doesn't even begin to capture how I feel - it's more than that.  I'm so happy for her that she has been able to have this experience.  Not everyone gets to stand on stage, under the lights and have everyone in the room clapping and cheering for you.....Katie has gotten that. :)  Also, she's made so many friends over these past 6 weeks and has been able to be a part of such a wonderful group who sincerely care about her. 

For those of you who haven't been able to make it to the show....I should have a video in a couple of weeks that I guarantee I'm going to make you sit through. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait for the video! I will be glad to sit thru it -- maybe even more than once.

Denise

Anonymous said...

I always knew this 'lil' gal was awesome. It is such a good experience for her and she gets to know so many other people and interact with other kids. Can't wait to see the video either. Would have sneeked off to Minn. if I wouldn't have had to work. Love G. L.

Anonymous said...

I am looking forward to seeing it, I cannot wait, great job Katie, I am proud of you also.....

Janet