Thursday, February 3, 2011

Catch up

Or as Katie would say, "Catch up, Ketchup....get it?!"

Let me see if I can catch you up on the last week of our lives, in case you're interested.  Well, you must be interested if you're here.  I'm not twisting your arm.

Last Saturday we met John's mom and brother for lunch and some shopping in a town that's about halfway for both of us.  The kids each got a book - a Superhero book for Will and a kitty book for Katie.  We ate lunch downtown and, as usual, was yummy.
Sunday was a busy day, as most of them are getting to be.  We had play practice in the afternoon and I had to make some "doggie" ears for Katie, or at least get an idea of how it will look.  I'm glad I tried because I ended up not liking the way I tried, so....on to Plan B.  Play practice til about 4, then I fell asleep on the couch, pretty much refusing to get up and make supper. 

That brings us to this week.  I'm still helping out the older lady on M/W/F.  It started out as an hour a day, right - do you remember that?  HA!  I think I was there for an hour only one day.  Usually it's 2-3 hours....and so far it's ok, but she's saying she wants more and I've made it clear I can't do more.  I don't feel bad about that - it's not like she doesn't have 8 other people coming every week too.  Basically, there's someone there all the time from 10 am to 6 pm.  It's been a source of funny stories and I really feel like I earned that cold beer on Friday nights.  Second paycheck comes on Monday.

We got a letter saying that Will is all registered for preschool in September.  He was able to get into the classes I wanted him to, at the location I wanted him to.  Only about 40 spots open, so I'm glad we got one.  Still no bus next year, I'll be taking him every M/W/F - but that's ok. 

We had friends over for supper Tuesday night.  My friend is thinking about going back to work full time and currently looking for work.  She's trying to talk her husband into having me watch their daughter while she's at work.  He wanted to meet me to make sure I wasn't a raging lunatic.....always a prerequisite when it comes to looking for daycare. 

Play practice again last night - we did the "I'm meeellllttting" scene, as well as the scene where the witch locks Toto and Dorothy in her tower and threatens to drown Toto just before he escapes and runs away.  Katie had fun and is getting excited to start dress rehearsals in 16 days!  Then it will really start coming together.  Right now, it seems like it's all in pieces.

That's it so far....book sale at the library tomorrow....and free book fair at the high school on Saturday.  February is "I Love To Read" month....so there's a lot of book stuff. :)
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where is the picture of Katie with the missing tooth??? I'm really disappointed in you :)

Denise