Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Another friend needs your throughts....

I'm posting another link to a CaringBridge site.  Please take some time to send them your thoughts, prayers, good vibes, etc.  A good friend of mine recently found out that her husband has stage 4 colon cancer.  He's young, strong and they are gonna kick this, but right now it's difficult since it's so early on and they're just trying to get everything figured out. 

Some friends of ours have also set up a calendar for us to bring meals.  I'm signing myself up so I need some thoughts from you all on healthy, whole grain meals that I could bring over. 

Here's their CaringBridge link, and it will also be posted over on the right hand side of the blog. 

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/seanmcquillen

1 comment:

Katie said...

It's a total shock about Sean! I feel like I say all the wrong things when I've posted my support and concern for their family! It's been on my mind ever since she shared her "twisted" note on fb. I signed up for a slot to do a meal as well.

Turkey tacos (like ground turkey meat) and the fixings was one of my ideas, but I'm not doing that at this time. I decided my first meal over is going to be spinach stuffed chicken breasts. I feel weird, though, because everyone else that has signed up is doing a vegetarian meal (I didn't think they were veg. but maybe I'm remembering wrong...Gina did mention using organic meat so I figured it would be "safe").

Do you have any good soup recipes? Salad recipes? Kabobs? I came up with a lot of good ideas...but they all need to be served immediately (like stir fry and a lot of the grains--otherwise they turn out weird)...so I was struggling to not do the typical MN casserole thing too (just cause bringing food to someone's house is a bit different than cooking for your own family--it's not eaten immediately and it has to be transportable)! :P

Good luck figuring out your meal to bring!