Sunday, May 15, 2011

Lots to say....

There are lots of things I should say today....

Happy Anniversary to my sister, Janet and her husband, Jeff.

Congratulations to my niece, Sarah for graduating from high school.

I should tell you about the Wizard Of Oz cast party we went to today.

I should update you on Katie's knees and condition.  (All ok, go in for a checkup on Tuesday.  There I did it.)

I should tell you about the wonderful wedding we went to last weekend and the VERY comfortable bathroom floor that the hotel gave me to sleep on. :)  (Yeah, that one probably deserves it's own post.)

Instead.....I HAVE to tell you about my running today.  Now, I know - some of you may be getting sick of hearing about the "running".  But this one was big.  I ran outside for the first time today in 7 months.  I ran last October in a 5k...and for about 4 months I had been regularly running outside.  Over the winter I had to make due with the treadmill in the basement. 

It's HARD running on a treadmill - nothing to look at but #'s, no breeze, no sun, etc.  Today I remembered why I love running outside so much.  PLUS.....I ran my whole "loop" that I had planned out last summer.  Did you catch that?  I RAN the whole stinking thing!  Not once did I stop to walk, like I have always done in the past - at least two stops to walk.  That's 30 minutes of non stop running.  Could I do that on the treadmill?  No.  So don't ask.  Oh, and my pace was pretty much the same as the treadmill.

Remember my "training schedule" a few weeks back - they wanted me to run 20 minutes!!  Those bastards.

I did it!  So - I guess they did know what they were talking about.


Ok - enough running.  Next post - hotel bathroom floor.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

VERY GOOD!!!!

I'm saving the new Rolling Stone's account of how Donald Trump does his hair for you.

m

Unknown said...

I didn't mean to click gross! Sorry!

Way to run the WHOLE TIME! Impressive! That must feel AMAZING!

Anonymous said...

jUST A QUICK NOTE ! LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING KIDS THIS WEEK-END. BUT????? I HAVE TO WORK FRI NITE 4-11 P.M. BUT I HAVE SAT OFF AND DON'T GO TO WORK TIL SUN NITE AT 4 - 11.
WE WILL HAVE TWO OTHER WORKERS ABOUT 2ND WEEK OF JUNE SO HOPEFULLY I CAN GET THINGS WORKED OUT IN HUBA. CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU. MOM

Deb said...

Katie - maybe it IS kinda gross....I was a bit sweaty. :)

Mom - see you sometime Friday night after work.