Tuesday, May 3, 2011

A perfect 10!

On Saturday Katie and I headed to the University of Minnesota for a gymnastics clinic that the Gopher Team was putting on for local girl scouts.  (I was really excited.....I love gymnastics and regret that the only time I attempted even a handstand, I broke my collarbone.)

Katie spent two hours in their practice facility, met all the girls and their coach, and got a signed poster for her room.  She got to do tricks on the beam, floor, bars, vault, and trampoline.  She said the trampoline was her favorite, and the bars hurt her hands.


Katie is in the purple shirt right in front....upside down. 



I think the bars really tuckered Katie out.  She had to keep using strong arms to push up and them they'd help her flip around the bars.



Katie on the bar (purple shirt).  She wouldn't let go of the girl's hand.  I kinda don't blame her....

The Gopher Gymnastics Team in the back along with all the girl scouts.
Katie is down front (second row) on her knees in the purple shirt.

So when am I signing Katie up for gymnastics?  Probably won't.  Unless I can find a nice little camp....bulk up her arms a bit. :)

No comments: