Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Another cold wave

Got out on our walk this morning after the bus came.  Yesterday morning we had to skip it because it was way too icy.  The wind was really sharp and cold and there are tiny, tiny flakes floating around, but I don't think it's supposed to amount to much.  South of here, they are supposed to get a lot more.  I don't think some schools have had school in IA for 3 days.  My small college in IA canceled everything today.  They've only done that 2-3 times in the last 15 years.  Almost everything there is connected via tunnels so you really don't have to go outside much.  Lots of times students are heading to class in shorts and slippers mid January.  So, if they cancel classes, it means really bad weather.

I have to go to the grocery store, and am sure that the weather will not be a problem here.  We did get about 4-5 inches of snow on Sunday. 

This past weekend John and I got to spend a day/night in Minneapolis celebrating our 10th anniversary.  We went to the Weisman Art Museum on the University of MN campus.  A nice, free museum.  Then we went downtown and had lunch, walked around a bit, visited Barnes and Noble, and generally hung out together.  That night we had reservations to eat at Spoon River and had tickets for As You Like It at the Guthrie.  It was wonderful to spend some uninterrupted time together, and I was even surprised with a new necklace.  Thank you to John's mom for coming up and spending the weekend to watch the kids!

Hockey Pictures!  (As I promised.  I hope I didn't promise "good" hockey pictures...because the lighting was really bad.)
 
 
Will is VERY excited to have Dad there to be his coach.

 
Will (on the far right) playing in the scrimmage.
 

I think ALL professional hockey players utilize the all-important "leg lift" as they shoot.
 

1 comment:

Drew Kluesner said...

Be careful.. that leg lift, which i use in bowling, was the beginning of my problems of the last month. It was at bowling, where i fell forward, and since my leg was in the air... i landed awkward when i stuck. (followed by surgery.. and you know the rest.. i think.. if not chat me and i'll fill you in).