Thursday, November 20, 2008

Flu shots

Today the kids and I are getting our flu shots. Correction...Will is getting his flu shot, Katie and I are getting the nose squirts. They are supposed to be more effective, and Katie is all for a vaccination that doesn't involve getting poked.

Besides our visit to the doctor, today is our "hangin' out" Thursday...nothing scheduled. An outsider would think that this makes for a great day. HA! Little do you know that a day of nothing scheduled can mean chaos and screams. We'll see how it goes, but my expectations are usually set pretty low: finish laundry, clean 2 bathrooms, and have a supper on the table. Anything else that gets done is gravy.

We are getting excited for Thanksgiving. (Geez, can you believe it's Thanksgiving time already?) Part of me says "Yay! It's Thanksgiving time already...Christmas is right around the corner...and then it's only a matter of time til it's spring again." But now that I have kids, time going faster is more of a punishment. So as much as I hate winter and being cold, I'm really trying to find happiness in the single digits. In keeping with this thought, I've posted a new poll question on the side of the blog...maybe you can give me some ideas on how to enjoy the season more.

Here is Katie rocking her warm gear when she was Will's age. She doesn't look real pleased about if either.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My how she has changed!!! And what took you so long getting your flu shots??? Did ours almost 3 weeks ago! And the nose squirts -- YUCK!! Give me a poke in the arm anyday!

Denise