Monday, November 17, 2008

Monday, Monday

Today was another work day, another school day. We had great big snow flurries, but nothing that really amounted to too much.

Yesterday afternoon, John watched the kids as I headed out for a get together with my friend Shelley that lives in Rochester. Shelley is getting married in April, and Katie is the flower girl. So we discussed all things wedding and girly. We sat for a few hours at a Chinese Buffet and I really think we got our 8 bucks worth. :) Thanks to John for wrangling the kids for an evening!
Shelley and I met in Northfield, and earlier in the week I had made plans to pick up a pair of used snow boots for Katie. Much to my disgust, there was no one home when I stopped to pick them up at our agreed upon time. I knocked, pounded, called their phone...nothing. I peeked in the window and SAW the boots sitting on a shelf...hmmm....should I just try to open the door, take the boots and leave them their $5? No, I decided not to - but left a very assertive message for them. I haven't heard from the woman yet....and probably won't. Now I have to find another pair of boots on Craigslist. :)

After we dropped Katie off at school, Will and I headed to the grocery store. I had intentions of going to Cub - the discount grocery store. But at the last minute decided that because it was so cold out I would rather go to the upscale grocer who offers drive-up pick ups, but doesn't stock generics. I was still very happy to see that our weekly trip to the store resulted in a total under $90.


"And just what do you think YOU are looking at?"

No comments: