Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I am sneaky

So today Katie was supposed to go to her friend, Ben's house. Unfortunately, Ben's mom called this morning and said that Ben's younger brother was up all night sick. We agreed that it would be best to wait til next week for the kids to play. So after Katie stopped crying, I realized that I was supposed to pick up Will's Christmas present this morning that I had gotten off Craigslist. No big deal, right? It's for Will, not Katie. Well, yes, but in this case I was helping Santa Claus out...and well...I didn't want Katie to see Will's Santa gift.
So I fed Katie a line about going to pick up a kitchen appliance for my brother and she bought it. I took a sheet along to drape over the....ok, it's a little workbench with tools. I draped the sheet over and carried it past Katie's window, stuck it in the trunk, and she hasn't mentioned it since.
We returned home, happy to have that errand done with. Then I discovered that the 3 postings I had put on Craigslist last night had 3 interested responses, which in turn will pay for what I just picked up today. It may take a bit more time and effort than just running to the store, but so far I'm doing fairly well with the Christmas budget. And hey - I've never started shopping this early before!

No comments: