Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Good Times...

We just got home from a visit to the Mall of America today. The kids and I met up with my niece, Sarah, who was in town on a class trip. Every other year or so, the band and choir take a trip to the Chanhassen Dinner Theater to see a show, (Seven Brides for Seven Brothers) and spend a few hours at the mall. So we met for lunch and walked around a bit. Katie even talked Sarah into doing a few rides with her in the amusement park.

Sharky at the Mall of America practically attacked Sarah. I think they are going steady now. As you can see, Sharky is thrilled.


The dinner theater here in Chanhassen is really just a stones throw from our house and it's odd knowing that Sarah is there. :) It makes me think back to my own trips to the dinner theater when I was in high school. I was in 11th grade...I was part of the very FIRST bus trip up here to Chanhassen. We saw 42nd Street...it was really very good. The next year we came up here as well, but I can't remember the show that we saw. Little did I know 14 years later I would be raising a family about a mile away.

Another funny coincidence...Remember last summer when we went on vacation and Katie took a few tennis lessons at the resort we stayed at? Her tennis instructor is also an actor and is currently working at the dinner theater AND is in the show that Sarah is seeing. :) Small world.

On another note - I did talk to Erica, my sister-in-law, and Joey is doing well after his eye surgery on Monday. They worked on both eyes I guess...they were tightening some eye muscles so that his eyes don't cross..don't really understand anything more technical than that. He is supposed to have a low activity level for the next month....no running...no jumping....no wrestling...etc. Not sure if that has something to do with blood pressure or what, but he's SIX years old, yeah - good luck with that.

Erica also had a check up while they were in LaCrosse. She is 34 weeks now - both babies are doing well, and are probably close to 6 pounds. Both her and Joey go back for check ups next Wednesday.

Congratulations also go out to my friend, Natalie (from high school) - she is expecting her second child in October. Her son is a few weeks older than Will. I'm very happy for her...happy that it's her and not me. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great picture! Only you can get away with that -- I would be living with an unbearable child had I done that :) Sarah said she had lots of fun with Katie and Will too!

Denise