Thursday, April 16, 2009

I'm alive!

This was the closest thing I could get to an Easter picture. Tantrums get thrown - Easter or no Easter.


Gosh where have the days gone? I have been meaning to get a post on here for the past three days! It all goes in cycles. Some weeks I manage to get on here a lot - some weeks not so much. You all understand.

Easter came and went rather quickly. The weekend before Easter our church put on a party for the kids. I took Katie and Will...not really knowing what to expect. It was a free party, although they did ask for donations of plastic eggs and bags of candy the few weeks before. I brought a few dozen eggs so I figured I did my part. It was an AMAZING party! There was just the right number of kids. They split them up into two rooms...one was 4 and under, the other was 5 and over. Will and I stayed in the 4 and under room while Katie drifted back and forth. They had cookie decorating which was BY FAR Will's favorite. They also had about 4 different crafts set up for the kids to do. When it was time for the egg hunt, the first group of younger kids (that was us) went up into the sanctuary and were told that they could each find 9 eggs. Katie found hers, and I was just going to let Will find 3-4, and that would be enough...no, no, no - silly Mommy. Will found his quota of 9 as well. The party went so well, I decided to skip the city egg hunt the following weekend.

Last Saturday Katie and I went to the Hannah Montana movie while Dad and Will hung out at home. It was a pretty good movie - lots of music, which pleased Katie. There were about 20 people in the theater with us - half girls around Katie's age. Whenever a good song began in the movie - UP they popped, and the dancing bug took over. It was really cute - and made the movie more enjoyable.

Sunday Katie had to sing in church so we did our egg hunt at home, and the kids opened their Easter Bunny presents. Katie got a Hannah Montana game along with some books and stickers. Will got a couple cars and some books. The four of us went out to eat after church.


Mmmmm...chocolate and orange juice.

No comments: