Wednesday, April 29, 2009

H1N1 Flu

So they aren't calling it 'Swine Flu' anymore - now they are calling it H1N1. The point is to get away from the pork connotation and association. John started talking about the swine flu last week and I said "Well - we're having pork chops tonight anyway."
So I am currently watching a news conference on the first "probable" case in Minnesota. It's up near St. Cloud and they have closed an elementary school and middle school because of it. This comes at the same time they are reporting the first US death in Texas due to this flu.
I am concerned, trying to be a bit better at washing the kids' hands as well as mine.
So I ask you - what do you think of all this? Does it have you worried? Do you think about it at all?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's kind of like weather forecasts - they make it worse than it is in case it does get really bad and we will have been warned. They would rather be wrong over-predicting than under-predicting. Besides it sells newspapers - that is if we still had newspapers.

M.

Anonymous said...

I think about it, but am not worried about it. Sounds like the anti-virals are working and as long as they are available.... Sarah however doesn't think there should be school until it is all over :)

Denise

harassnave said...

It's too bad they changed the name. I was working on a theory that bacon was a suitable treatment for swine flu.

Anonymous said...

i used to think the world was gonna end, but now my mom calmed me down :)

sarah