Thursday, April 16, 2009

The joys of Costco

I joined Costco yesterday. Some of you may be familiar with it - it's a wholesale store. They were running a promotion with made it almost free to join, so I did. John and I had been talking about it for a while now. They sell everything from food and pop to TVs, mattresses and caskets. The food is all sold in bulk, and they don't use any grocery bags because everything is too big to fit. Now that we have room to store some things I thought I would see what deals I could find.
I now have enough toilet cleaner, Windex, and all purpose cleaner to last the rest of my natural life.

Now before you say I went overboard, let me defend myself. I bought a case of Lysol Toilet Bowl cleaner....that's 4 bottles for $7.42. THEN I also had a Costco coupon to get $3.00 off THAT. So I figure 4 bottles for $4.42 was a good deal.

Overall, there are deals to be had. I was able to stock up on breakfast bars for John, waffles for the kids, and some yummy pasta. It will be important to know about the sales the grocery stores are having on things like pop, but I think it will be worthwhile to shop Costco once to twice a month when needed - especially on those non perishable items.


And if you ever need your toilet cleaned, let me know. Well, maybe not. :)

2 comments:

Shelley Kubitz Mahannah said...

dude - i'm so coming up to visit, we'll go to costco and then we can split the cost of toilet cleaner. we will conquer to world one sale at a time. :)

Cheryl said...

Hey, we have a closet full of Sam's club toilet paper to go along with it :) and garbage bags, and paper towels...